Flexible heaters are constructed with UL and CSA approved materials and components. A STANDARD GRADE heater is constructed for operation up to 500°F, and HI-TEMP GRADE heaters for use up to 700°F.
The high temperature resistance heating element is a nickel-chrome alloy wire wound around fiber glass cord to provide added strength and flexibility. The pre-wound heating element circuit configuration and placement are designed to make best use of the flex heater material characteristics.
Once in place, the circuit is vulcanized between two layers of fiberglass reinforced silicone rubber to form a strong flexible assembly. Vulcanizing agents are removed during a hot press cycle to produce a flexible heater resistant to moisture, chemicals and acids. The final product has a high dielectric strength.
Flexible heaters are available in rectangles up to 36" wide without splice, asymmetric shapes, contoured surfaces, power densities in single and multi-zone circuits and voltages ranging from 12 volt single phase to 480 volt three phase.
Fasteners and Attachments
- Boot hooks and springs
- Eyelet's with lacing cord
- Metal snaps
- Silicone straps
- Velcro fasteners
- Bonded silicone sponge insulation
- Built-in ground screen on one or two sides
- Built-in thermocouple for temperature and high limit control
- Built-in thermostat for fixed or adjustable temperature
- Cold bondable to customer tool
- Customer specified leads and plugs
- Pull tabs to facilitate heater removal and connector protection
Need Help? Let us help you find the right process and structural materials you need.